A-Z Subscription Database List Management Tool
If you subscribe to both LibGuides and any 360 Services or Summon, you can import your subscription databases and create an A-Z list for your users! (Note: This import will only bring in databases, not e-journals or e-books.)
- Run the database import tool to create the initial list;
(If you have custom names defined, those will be pulled in.)
- Run it again periodically to update your list (additions, cancellations, etc.);
- Since it's a guide like any other guide in your system, add any additional information (pages, boxes, links, etc.) you want!
This tool is enabled by default, you do not need to request that it be activated for your site.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to use.
Check out the other pages in this guide for a written step-by-step process.
See it: LibGuides Resource List Management Tool
Want to see the A-Z Subscription Database List Management tool in action? Check out the video below...
(Apologies that this video is a little out-of-date after our recent code update. We're working on recording a new video & will post it asap!)
Also check out Serials Solutions' video about our partnership and how KnowledgeWorks powers this awesome new tool!
Not a Serials Solutions Client?
No problem! We can still import your resources.
Here's what we'll need:
- Create a new guide for the new list, and send us the URL to that guide, along with
- The Excel spreadsheet provided below filled in with your database links.
Note: We do not import journal or e-book links. Only database links.
Email this info to us at email@example.com, and we'll create your A-Z list.
Once your A-Z import is complete, you can edit your new guide just like any other guide in your system - check out this page for ideas!