New LibAnswers Features!
Introducing the New and Improved LibAnswers Widget!
You're going to LOVE the new LibAnswers widget! Put it anywhere & everywhere you can think of... bring your knowledgebase to your users no matter where they are, and style it however you like.
The new widget can be found on the "Widgets" tab of your LibAnswers Admin screen... you can view the awesome right now using the box on the right.
Add hidden "keywords" to improve discovery
You can now assign up to 5 Keywords to every question! These keywords are searched when users are searching the knowledge base. For example, if you've answered the question "What are your fines for overdue items?", you might add the keywords "fees" and "charges" - then, if a patron searches for the term "fees", they'll be directed to your original "What are your fines..." answer.
New "Edit Question" link on public answer pages
We know how it is... you find an answer in the public knowledgebase that needs updating, but finding it again in the Admin mode can be a drag.
Now, if you're logged in to your Libanswers system, you'll see an "Edit Question" link, which will take you directly to the answer screen.
Record Analytics on the main "Answer" screen
Derik, our main LA developer, is always looking for ways to save you time. We want to give him mad props for this latest development - now, you can record Reference Analytics for LibAnswers questions directly through the question/answer screen!
Previously, when you clicked "Record Analytics" on the answer screen, you'd have to wait until you'd published the answer before being redirected to the main Analytics screen. Now, when you check that box, you'll see all your analytics categories instantly appear, so you can add more descriptive information on the transaction right there. It's so money!
10 Analytics Metadata fields (instead of 6)!
We heard from a few folks that 6 Metadata fields in the Reference Analytics module just weren't enough... So we added 4 more! You now have up to 10 fields at your disposal, which can each contain up to 30 selections. Booyakasha!
Add multiple email addresses for system notifications
You can now add multiple email addresses to receive system notifications (for new questions, etc.). Want multiple staff members to receive notifications? Just add them to the "Notification Emails" area in your System Settings - separate each email address with a space, and revel in the notificationey goodness.
Customize sidebar content of public pages
You can now customize the sidebar content that appears on all public "Answer" pages! Options include: "Info" box, "More Ways" box, chat box, topic cloud, and related LibGuides list. We've also improved the ability to customize the appearance of these boxes using CSS.
To customize your sidebar content, head to System Settings > System Wide Settings and scroll down to "Sidebar Content"
Customize "More Ways to Ask Questions" content box
You can now customize the "More ways to ask questions" box! Create your own title, add more follow-up options, and use your own branded icons.
To customize the "More ways" box, head to System Settings > Customize Homepage and scroll down to "More Ways to Ask Questions" box.
Search and Replace for links/content
Need to make a global change to links throughout your LibAnswers system? Use the "Search and Replace" function (just like in LibGuides!). Please note that the URLs will only be replaced in the 'More Info/Source(s) Links' attached to your answers - if you also want to search and replace the answer text, select that check-box option and a Springy staff member will process the request.
To use the Search and Replace function, head to System Settings > System-Wide Settings.
Improved SMS statistics
We have a host of new SMS statistics options! You'll now see stats on auto-responders, keyword responses, turnaround time, "direct messages", and much more.
To check out this host of new stats, head to your Admin screen and select Statistics > SMS Usage Statistics.
SMS Module Promotion
It's true! You can still take advantage of our SMS Module FREE for the first year promotion!
Head on over to our Sales Showcase page for more info on how you can add this incredible module on to your LibAnswers subscription.
More New Features!
Click on an item below for more info about it.
- Analytics stats now include private q&a
- Statistic pages can now be limited by the day rather than just by the month
- Stats for Turnaround time are now included on the SMS stats & Reports Wizard (Analytics Module)
- We've updated the layout of stats charts to make them clearer
- You now have more options to export your stats into excel
- The "Ask Us" search form will now find most 3-letter words; there are a number of common stop words that will be ignored.
- "Most Recent Answers" box on the home page now includes a link to show "Most Popular Answers".
- The Home page can now have square boxes instead of rounded ones (just like in LibGuides!).
- The Data Visualizer can now have "All" selected on the Y-Axis.
- The Reports Wizard now includes statistics on "answers by librarian".
- SMS Auto-Responders can now be set to last the whole day
- If "related systems" are set, then the "Community" recommended answers on the answer page draws from your related systems instead of the whole community
- "Edit Private Answers" is now a separate screen instead of a pop up. In addition to editing answers, you can edit the question and ownership
- Notifications for new question alerts can be set up for email, IM, and/or SMS
Here's a taste of our Upcoming Attractions...
Keep an eye on the Support Blog for the latest updates!
- Mobile Version:
We're currently working on a mobile version for all of you mobile users! Look for that later this year.
API calls. LibGuides has 'em. CampusGuides / CommunityGuides has 'em. And soon, LibAnswers will have 'em!