Creating Accounts & Setting Default Datasets
- Go to Admin Stuff > Manage Accounts.
- Click Add New Account.
- Fill out the form.
- Choose an Account Level.
- Choose a Default Instance.
- Click Create Account.
Modfying & Deleting Accounts
Once you have accounts in your system, there are several ways to modify them:
- Change Account Level:
You can make someone an admin or a regular user by simply choosing Admin or Regular from the Level drop down.
- Change Default Instance:
Change the user's default Analytics instance by choosing the system from the Default Instance drop down.
- Actions Column:
- Reset a user's password by clicking the lock icon.
- Delete a user's account by clicking the red x icon.
There are 2 types of accounts in LibAnalytics, but an extra "state" that an account can be changed to if needed:
|Add Records||Change a user account to Inactive when they leave the library. All their records will continue to be associated with them, but the inactive user will not be able to log into the system after being set to this type.|
|Create & Edit Accounts|
|Define Predefined Questions|
|Manage Datasets||Any||Only where allowed|
* Admins can restrict regular users' access to specific datasets. They may also allow regular users to administer specific datasets.