On This Page
Where are these settings?
Which Boxes should show?
Choose the content boxes you want to see on your LibAnswers homepage. Use the letter codes (T,R,M,C,I,Q) to show these boxes in the columns and order you choose!
Want a zen-like homepage? Delete all the letter codes. Ahh, simplicity.
To create and customize the More Ways, Chat, and Info boxes, head to Boxes and Sidebar.
Topics Box (T)
Larger topic title? There are lots of questions in this topic!
Recent/Popular/Featured Questions (R)
Displays a list of the 10 most popular & most recent questions (plus any questions you feature)
More Ways to Ask Questions (M)
Customize your contact content in Boxes and Sidebar settings
Chat Widget Box (C)
Displays the intro and chat widget you define in the Boxes and Sidebar settings
Info/Alert Box (I)
Displays your custom Rich Text content, defined in the Boxes and Sidebar settings
Question Form (Q)
Displays your Question form in a box.
Customize it: Admin Stuff > Ask Us Form.
More stuff to customize on your homepage
Browse/Popular Questions Block
Both, one, or none? Use the radio buttons to CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY! (er, choose what you want to show)
Homepage Box Shape
Do you prefer the rigidity and order of square-corner boxes? Or are you inclined toward flowing, rounded shapes?
Column Widths on the Homepage
- To hide a column, enter "0" for that column width
- To hide both columns, enter "0" for both of the column widths.
- Total column widths must add up to 975 pixels. Unless you're hiding both columns.
- Enter a list of question IDs separated by commas (no spaces), for example: "1,234,6543,23,89"
- To find the ID of a question:
- Look at the "ID" column on the Knowledgebase Explorer, or
- Look at the number in the url for any public answer page ("/a.php?qid=1234", where "1234" is the ID)
Note: Featured Questions must be public.