Where is it?
Customizing the Question Form
Customize the form your users fill out when submitting questions to your system!
Add any instructions/information here for your users when filling out the form. It appears just before the question box.
Customize the message that appears when a question has been successfully submitted.
Off-Hours Success Message
Define your off-hours (the hours you're closed) and customize the message that appears when a question has been successfully submitted during off-hours.
Asker's Contact Information (Required)
- Using the SMS module? Allow users to pick - would they like a response via e-mail or text?
- Customize the labels to be whatever you'd like! Example: "University Email Address"
- The asker's contact information is a required field.
- This is how users are notified when their questions have been answered in the system.
- Your users' email addresses and phone numbers are never visible in the public view. They're only visible on admin screens.
Asker's Name (Optional)
- Customize the Name label to be whatever you'd like! Example: "Last Name, First Name"
- Asking users for their name is optional. You can decide to remove that field from the form.
- If someone does not leave their name, it will display as "Anon" in the system.
- Users' names are never visible in the public view. They are only visible on admin screens.
Additional Metadata Questions
You can define up to 6 additional metdata questions on the form.
- 3 Multiple Choice Field
- Up to 20 variables for each Multiple Choice question!
- 3 Free-Text
- One free-text field can be a user agent field to gather user operating system information!
How to use them?
- Use for demographic-type questions to learn more about who is submitting the question. Example, a question around user status (student, faculty, visitor, cardholder, non-cardholder, etc.).
- Use free-text fields to gather library barcode information! Or subject area of their questions!
- One free-text field can be a user agent field to gather user operating system information. User agent field is hidden to the user!
- You can make the metadata fields required.
Please be careful when planning out / adding your multiple choice questions. If you change the options/order after you've initially defined them, it will affect your statistics down the road. The options you enter are labels attached to specific fields in the database. If you change the order, you are simply changing the order of the labels. You are not changing the order of the fields in the database. The order of the fields remains the same. So if you move the labels around after you've started to collect data, you will simply be mislabeling your data.
You can add answer options on at a later date without compromising your data as long as you add the option to the end of the list.
User File Uploads
Your users can now upload files along with their questions! Worried about viruses? Disable this feature.
- Allow users to receive an email confirmation of their submission
- Setting to 'YES' turns this feature on.
Example Question Form!