A testing process is key. It allows you to see if the metadata / fields you've chosen really work in practice.
- Do not add real data...but try to make it real-looking so you know whether or not your set up really works in practice.
- Move metadata fields around, edit values, change things up...even though we tell you not to...but only during this testing period.
- It's okay if the back end data gets all messed up & random - it's going to be deleted anyway!
Test out each dataset by adding some data. Make notes on what works & what doesn't.
Talk about what worked & what didn't. Make modifications to your labels/fields/order.
Your admin should then make those changes in your system.
Again, pay no heed to our warnings during testing. After testing...PAY HEED. :)
Rinse & Repeat
Test again...Review again...Modify again, if needed.
You Did It!!
photo by tharrin on flickr
There are a couple of things left to do before starting to use your system:
- Write to email@example.com and request that your data be purged.
Since you didn't use real data (right???), you don't want to keep that testing nonsense in your system to skew your data.
Springshare to the rescue! We can delete that data so you can start your data collection with a clean slate.
- Make sure everyone knows how to use the system. This means: