Creating a New Dataset from an Existing Dataset
How cool is it that you can use an existing Dataset as the template for a new one?
Only thing cooler would be if you could choose a template when you're first starting out, right?
We hear ya...so we built that in!
- Go to Admin Stuff > Manage Datasets and click the Create New Dataset button.
- Choose the Dataset you'd like to use as your template from the Copy Fields From dropdown at the bottom.
- Nothing - this will create a new blank dataset.
- Local Datasets - allows you to choose a Dataset you already created as the base for a new one.
- Springshare Dataset Templates - the datasets we created for you to use as a starting place!
Once your Dataset has been created, click on the name and:
- Modify the dataset basics.
- Modify the field names/values to reflect your needs.
Go to the Datasets 101 page to check out the Springshare Dataset Templates! We added widgets there so you could see the fields/values we added and choose the Dataset that's right for you.