Using an Existing Guide as a Template
Log into your system.
On your Dashboard, choose Create New Guide.
Or click Guides > Create New Guide in the command bar.
Find the guide you want to copy:
- Choose Use an existing guide as a template in the Start Fresh or Use a Template section.
- Choose to copy:
- one of My Guides: a guide you've previously created;
- a Guide at My Institution: a guide one of your colleagues created;
- a guide from the Community: a guide from another library altogether.
- Either search by the guide title or enter the URL of the guide & click Search.
Alternately, click the switch to the dropdown list of guides link and choose the guide you want to use from the dropdown.
- Click on the guide you'd like to copy.
Searching for a guide to use:
Searching by URL:
Drop down list of guides:
Next, see the Guide Settings box.
Now that you've chosen the guide you want to copy, fill out the Guide Settings:
- Type in your Guide Title,
- The other fields are optional, see descriptions below.
Fill out whichever fields you'd like.
- Click Create New Guide.
|Decription||The guide description is optional, but it's a good idea to add something. It can help students find the guide (more weight in search rankings than page content) as well as help them understand what's in the guide while browsing.|
|Redirect URL||Leave the Redirect URL blank unless you are planning on using this guide as a placeholder and directing people to your old guide while you create the new one.
More information: http://guidefaq.com/a.php?qid=25090
|Sharing Restriction||If you don't wish to allow others to copy your guide (or elements from it), check the Sharing Restriction box.|