How Do You Do It?
- EBSCO Search Box Builder page: http://supportforms.epnet.com/eit/searchboxbuilder/
- Create your widget;
Copy the code they give you.
- In your guide, create a new Rich Text box.
- Click add text, then click the Plain-Text Editor tab.
- Paste in the code and click Save and Close.
WAM Users: After you paste your code into the Plain Text Editor of a Rich Text box, add your proxy information to the proper URL. Look for this input tag in the code:
<input id="ebscohosturl" name="ebscohosturl" type="hidden" value="http://the url from ebscohost" />
Note: You may need to refresh your page to see the changes.
Voilà! You've got a super cool search box!
Have specific questions about the Search Box Builder?
Please contact EBSCOhost support. :)
Have questions about it not working in your guide?
- Please double check your code.
- Please try clearing your cache. (http://guidefaq.com/a.php?qid=5909)
- Please try using that search box code on a webpage outside of LibGuides.
- If it does not work on that webpage, please contact EBSCOhost support.
- If it does work on that webpage, please let us know about the issue! email@example.com
Detail is appreciated: URL of the page with the search box (doesn't have to be published), browser/version, everything you tried.
Something Not Working?
- The code provided herein can change at any time at the discretion of that vendor.
If it's out of date, please check with that vendor.
Then let us know what the correct documentation URL/code should be so we can update this guide. :)
- If the code does not work for any reason, please try the code on a webpage outside of LibGuides:
- If it does not work on that outside page, please contact the vendor and verify it is the correct code / request troubleshooting help.
- If it works outside of LibGuides, but not in your guides, please contact us & let us know! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See for Yourself
Note: These search boxes are meant as visual samples. They will not work.
Search the Health Databases:
Databases being searched are:Alt Healthwatch, Biomedical Reference Collection: Comprehensive Edition, CINAHL with Full Text, Health Source: Consumer Edition,Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, Medline with Full Text, PsycINFO
Search the Business and Communications Databases:
Databases being searched: Business Source Premier and Communications and Mass Media Complete