How to do it
- JSTOR Search Widget: http://about.jstor.org/content/managing-my-collection#Customization#For-Your-Library-Website
- Download the PDF towards the bottom of the page.
- Copy the code they give you.
- In your guide, create a new Rich Text box.
- Click add text, then click the Plain-Text Editor tab.
- Paste in the code and make any necessary adjustments (proxy URL, etc.) following their instructions.
- DELETE the <html> and <body> tags at the top.
Then scroll to the bottom and DELETE the </html> and </body>tags.
- Click Save and Close.
Note: You may need to refresh your page to see the changes.
Voilà! You've got a super cool search box!
If you'd like to put the search box in a smaller column, you can! You just need to make an adjustment:
- Find this line in the HTML: <div style="float:left;width:400px;margin-top:20px;">
- Change width:400px to width:200px;
- Click Save and Close
Something Not Working?
- The code provided herein can change at any time at the discretion of that vendor.
If it's out of date, please check with that vendor.
Then let us know what the correct documentation URL/code should be so we can update this guide. :)
- If the code does not work for any reason, please try the code on a webpage outside of LibGuides:
- If it does not work on that outside page, please contact the vendor and verify it is the correct code / request troubleshooting help.
- If it works outside of LibGuides, but not in your guides, please contact us & let us know! (email@example.com)