Updating from LibAnalytics to LibInsight Lite
Hey LibAnalytics users!
LibInsight has specific dataset types designed to help you analyze every part of your library based on the needs of that area (like databases or NCES stats) and - of course! - the custom dataset options you're used to with LibAnalytics.
LibInsight Lite has all of the updated awesomeness of LibInsight - great reporting, cross dataset analysis, custom dashboards, integration into LibApps so you can jump between any of your Springshare systems with a single login - but only includes the Custom Dataset option.
Current LibAnalytics customers - including those using the free single dataset option - are welcome to update to LibInsight Lite at any time. We also encourage you to consider subscribing to the full version of LibInsight!
Interested? Here's how to get started!
- Click the black "Support" button on the right hand side of this screen & send our Support crew a message that you'd like to update your LibAnalytics site to a LibInsight Lite site.
- If you're also interested in exploring the full version of LibInsight, please note that so we can get you in touch with your sales consultant to get a demo.
Welcome, my friends, to the Wonderful World of LibAnalytics!
This handy dandy guide is step 2 in the process of setting up & using LibAnalytics.
(See the other steps below.)
Here we'll take you through all of the things you need to think about before you start creating datasets or entering records.
Yep, it's all about the possibilities. The awesome possibilites.
So what do you need to do to create datasets?
- Figure out, broadly, what types of data you want to collect so you can figure out what datasets to create.
- Then figure out what metadata you want to collect in each instance. Items, fields, and format.
- Set up your system & learn how to add records.
- Test / Review / Modify cycle... then collect awesome data!
Try to stay flexible as you're moving through this process. What you end up collecting may be a bit different than what you started with. ;)
Setting Up & Using LibAnalytics: 1, 2, 3!
|Setting Up LibAnalytics||Creating & Managing Datasets||Using LibAnalytics|
And see an example of how you would go about deciding what to collect / what fields to use when creating a dataset.