Download & print this PDF to keep the basics by your side!
Other Key Guides
Welcome to LibGuides CMS (formerly CampusGuides)!
How is LibGuides CMS different from LibGuides?
LibGuides CMS is, in essence, LibGuides on steroids. If you've used LibGuides, things will be familiar, like:
- The structure of a guide (pages/tabs, box types, publishing steps, etc.)
- Basic steps for customization (banner image, colors/look & feel, etc.)
With LibGuides CMS, you now have access to some new-and-awesome tools:
- Organize guides into groups, like:
- Research Guides / Course Guides / Library Information
- groups for each library (on campuses with multiple libraries)
- groups for each campus / school of instruction
- Each group can have its own customization.
- Permission restrictions: define by IP address/range or password protection...or password protect your whole site!
- Create surveys & forms to add to your guides...or anywhere else (websites / emails)!
- Discussion boards are available for each guide
So take a deep breath, and jump right in! We hope you're as excited as we are to get started!
What is a guide?
Each guide can contain 1 or more pages, so you can think of a guide as a mini-website. Create guides on any topic, for any purpose.
There are no limits to the number of guides you can have in the system, so don't be shy - share your knowledge!
What is the structure of a guide?
Guides consist of pages (tabs), subpages (dropdown list from a tab), and boxes of content (text, links, rss feeds, videos, polls, widgets, etc.).
Hierarchy: Guide > Pages/Sub-pages > Content Boxes > Info you add to the content box