Search All Transactions with the Data Explorer
As you record data, you are building a valuable knowledge base which contains the information about every single transaction at your library. Pretty awesome, huh? We thought so too. :)
We also thought it would be awesome to search all of that data, hence the Data Explorer.
You search each LibAnalytics dataset separately, and as in every other area of LibAnalytics, you simply use the dataset drop down in the upper right hand part of the screen to switch between datasets.
Select / search / filter any combination of your metadata values.
Ever wanted to know...?
- How many questions were asked at the Reference Desk, by Undergraduates asking for Directions, in the month of September?
- How many instruction sessions were requested by Faculty in the Fall semester & how much time librarians spent preparing for it?
- What projects the librarians worked on with faculty and how much time they took?
Get these answers (and a lot more) with the Data Explorer. It gives you an unprecedented insight into the usage patterns of your services.
Once you've decided which system you want a report for, simply select any combination of values and time periods, and the system will do the rest and generate beautiful reports for you.
If you want to see everything, then just leave all filters/search boxes empty and simply click Apply Filters. Since you're not applying any filters, all of the data for that instance will be returned.
You can even export the data into Excel. It doesn't get better than this!
See the screen shot below with explanations in purple.
Screenshots of Sample Results (click name to see image):
- Show Records: All records matching your filters. Edit or delete records from this screen.
- Distributions: Monthly, Daily, Hourly statistics (numbers) based on filters.
- Time Charts: Monthly, Daily, Hourly statistics (charts) based on filters.
- Analyze Fields: Charts of multiple choice field data based on filters.
- User Stats: Individual user stats (# transactions entered) based on filters.
- Export Data: Export your filtered data to Excel.