Upcoming LibAnswers Update
We know, we know, you're asking yourself: "An update? But how could LibAnswers get any awesomer?"
Well, it's happening! We've worked hard on some really cool features to be released on June 27.
There will be no interruption of service.
What can you expect?
Answer Page Face-lift
The Answer page more closely mimics the answering work flow. You'll *love* the new interface.
Replies for Public Answers
You asked for it and we heard ya! You can now reply to public answers.
You've wanted to customize the emails that come from your system, and now you can!
Reference Email Management
Speaking of email, let's talk about reference emails: you can now have all reference emails (and replies) automatically entered into your LibAnswers system! The system allows you to set up one or more email addresses, then pulls in any emails sent to those accounts as new questions. Patrons ask questions via email, librarians answer via LibAnswers, and patrons can reply via email (vs. clicking a link for a reply page).
Just imagine the wonderousness! Email threads all saved and searchable in your LibAnswers system. One place. All questions. *sigh* It's a dream come true!
Improved Dashboard Notifications
See how many unanswered questions await you in your queue right from the Dashboard, queues, or "add a transaction" pages.
More Super Awesome Stuff
- Simplified Email Settings: We made it easier to set up how emails are sent from your system.
- Edit Custom Form Fields: You can now edit the answers to your custom form fields after the question has been submitted, or when adding staff entry questions/answers.
- Confirmation Emails: Allow your users to receive email confirmations of the questions they submit.
- Twitter Notifications: Get notified via email of every new Tweet that comes into your queue.
- More Statistics: View 'Total Public Views' for all FAQs by month!
- API Sorting Options: 'Answers' API category can now be filtered by topic.
- Staff Entry: Questions added as Staff-Entry are now tracked as 'source' for easy filtering and reporting.
- Don't Lose Your Work: If your login cookie times out before you hit the "Save" button on the "Add a Transaction" page, you won't lose your data!
Ensure Email Delivery
Ensure your patrons receive emails from your LibAnswers system by asking your IT department to whitelist 188.8.131.52.
Note: This IP changed with this update.