LibCal v2 has an amazing range of new functionality that we know you'll want to take advantage of and a super simple updating process! Read on to learn more about the great functionality & check out the boxes below to learn how to request your v2 site / about the update process.
- LibAuth Integration for Patron Authentication (available in all modules!)
- A Beautifully redesigned Public Calendar with fully integrated Search
- Event Publishing Workflow and Calendar Permissions
- MyScheduler Outlook and Google Calendar Integration
- MyScheduler Groups and Appointment Categories
- Plus you can take advantage of the optional Equipment Booking module (an add-on to LibCal).
Request Your v2 Site
It's as easy as 1-2-3 to request your v2 site!
- Log into your LibCal v1 site.
- Click the LibCal v2 Beta Info button (top left corner).
- Read through the information on the page & click Submit!
Your "beta" site becomes your live site. it's just called "beta" because that's where you're learning / working before making the site live!
We have a more detailed guide available in our v2 documentation site - you'll have access to that as soon as your LibCal v2 site has been created.
If you're already using LibGuides v2, LibAnswers v2, LibWizard, LibInsight, or LibStaffer, you already have access! Just use your LibApps username / password to log in and see the Migrating to LibCal v2 guide.
The main things to remember about moving to LibCal v2 are:
- We're here to help.
- Take the time you need at every stage of the process.
- We'll handle moving all of your content / accounts for you.
- This is a huge opportunity to do new things - or do things differently.
Here's an outline of the process, to get you started!
- Request your LibCal v2 site. (Instructions above!)
- No data or accounts are imported yet.
- Site is on a temporary domain.
- Play with and customize the system.
- Learn the new functionality.
- Customize the look & feel and system settings.
- Prepare your public page templates.
- Take training sessions / teach your colleagues.
- Weed out any unnecessary content.
- Remove unused accounts, etc.
- Prep for migration.
- Pre-migrate your: Accounts, Event Forms, Locations & Campuses, Room Booking Forms, Opening Hours.
- Identify all existing v1 widgets and APIs in public use. Make a list so you know what will need replacing.
- Schedule your full migration date.
- If you use a custom domain, ask your IT team to change the DNS record on the day you scheduled your full migration.
- All Calendars, Events, Rooms, Room Groups, and My Schedulers are migrated.
- All Event Registrations, Room Booking Reservations, and My Scheduler appointments are migrated.
- Your v1 domain is transferred to your v2 site.
- Your v1 site content is transferred to a temporary domain (format: xxx.v1.libcal.com, where xxx = your site IID).
- Confirm your domain points to your v2 site.
- Switch all of your widgets out for new versions; update all API calls.
- Your v1 site remains available for 3 months.
Remember, we're here for you along the way, and the guide in our v2 documentation site discusses each of these stages in more detail!