Everything you need to know to get started on using Reference Analytics in LibAnswers.
What is Reference Analytics, anyway?
Glad you asked! Reference Analytics is an optional module that can be added to LibAnswers. If your LibAnswers doesn't yet have RefAnalytics, email us, and we'll tell you more!
Use RefAnalytics to:
- Track questions asked regardless of user location or library service:
- In Person
- IM (chat)
- SMS (text message)
- However else you provide assistance
- Define the data you want to track: location, patron type, question type, or whatever data is important to your library!
- TRACK ALL THE THINGS with multiple datasets! With this optional enhancement to the RefAnalytics module, you can create different forms in which to collect data. So, track one set of data for reference stats, another set for circulation, another set for programming, another for archives, and/or whatever else is important in your library!
- Go beyond Tick Sheets and effortlessly analyze your data from many angles.
- Gather valuable data about how questions are answered and tie it to the actual question and answer. Instead of just knowing how many reference questions were answered for grad students, know what the questions were, what time of day they were asked, and where. This helps you target/refine other materials and services toward that group of users.
- Gather reference statistics and build your LibAnswers knowledge base AT THE SAME TIME. Better insight into data and a robust knowledge base leads to better service, a more useful web site, and improved library services!
- Know at a glance what your busiest days/times are for answering questions, where most questions are being asked, how they are asked, etc. and then make more informed staffing decisions.